- They are EVERYWHERE. I saw them right outside of OPH, in the trees in front of Deerfield hall, I can see them out of the residence window sometimes, and once while walking on the nature trail.
- They are called white-tailed deer.
- They can smell 100x better than we can!
- Have you seen deer’s ears twitching? Yeah, they use them like a radar, so even if they are not looking at you, they still know where you are.
- You can walk RIGHT up to them! One day I left OPH early for one of my classes, and I saw 2 deer right outside of OPH, I tried to get a picture of them, and so I walked closer. One of them was sitting down and looked at me with a “I’m watching you, just what do you think you’re doing?” expression, while the other one turned its back to me casually sauntering away, “I’m kind of annoyed, I’m not sure if I should be afraid of you, but I’m way too cool to show it, one wrong move though and I’m off!”.